Muszyna - Beskid Sądecki, Małopolskie
Muszyna – the commune and spa town is located in the southern part of Małopolska province, near the border with Slovakia. The municipality is situated in the picturesque valley of the Poprad River and streams Muszynka and Szczawnik, at an altitude of 450 to 550 m. The commune includes the villages: Andrzejówka Dubne, Jastrzębik, Leluchów, Milik, Powroźnik, Szczawnik, Wojkowa, and 3 spas: Złockie, Żegiestów and Muszyna (seat of the municipality).
The great wealth of Muszyna are mineral waters (bicarbonate-calcium-magnesium-sodium waters, ferruginous also containing trace elements such as lithium and selenium), favorably influencing among others the disease of digestive system and urinary system. The local mountain climate has also therapeutic character. It treats diseases of respiratory and immune systems, and also affects the psyche well. Muszyna with its beautiful location among the mountains and forests, clean air and the silence is indeed an ideal place for a summer vacation.
Szczawnik – a picturesque village situated in the Szczawnik Creekvalley. Szczawnik riches are acid mineral water – szczawy (sorrels). They are the source of the name of the village. The village has perfect conditions to rest at any time of year.
- The ruins of the castle of “the Muszyński’s Land” starosts (XIV century) – on a headland of the Koziejówka Range (Muszyna)
- The manor house below the castle (eighteenth/nineteenth century) – Muszyna, ul. Kity
- Manor house of the starosts (eighteenth/nineteenth century) covered with shingles, with glazed porches and veranda
- The inn (XIX century), now the regional museum
- The guardhouse (eighteenth/nineteenth century)
- The defensive church of St. Joseph (XVII century) – Muszyna. Inside the Gothic sculptures
- The historic bourgeois houses (nineteenth and twentieth century) – Muszyna, ul. Kościelna
- The chapels of St. John of Nepomuk and St. Florian (eighteenth/nineteenth century) – the market square in Muszyna
- The former Lemkos’ Greek Catholic churches in Andrzejówka (the second half of XIX century), Milik (the first half of XIX century), Dubne (the second half of XIX century), Leluchów (the second half of XIX century), Jastrzębik (the second half of XIX century) , Szczawik (the first half of XIX century), Złockie (the second half of XIX century), Żegiestów (the first half of XX century), Wojkowa (XVIII century, precious iconostasis of XVIII century) and Powroźnik (the oldest one, of the first half of XVII century).
- Poprad Landscape Park
- Nature Reserve – lime forest reserve lime “Obrożyska” (area of 100 ha)
Within the reserve there is an interesting nature trail, 7 stops, crossing time: about 3 hours (preferably with a guide)
- Reserves Hajnik (area of 17 ha), Żebracze (area of approximately 465 ha, buffer zone of approximately 149 ha)
- Unique forest lakee Czarna Młaka in the vicinity of Powroźnik
- Pump rooms, where we can enjoy local mineral waters for free
- Pump Room Cechini, ul. Zazamcze 23
- Pump Room Antoni, Aleja Zdrojowa (behind Poprad)
- Pump Room Milusia, ul. Pilsudskiego 23
- Zdroje – mineral water springs
- Anna, ul. Jasna
- Grunwald, ul. Grunwaldzka
- Stanisław, ul. Zazamcze
- On Wapienne, ul. Podgórna
- In Szczawnik (next to the Orthodox church)
- Centers: ACTIVA, GEOVITA, KOLEJARZ, METALOWIEC, WIARUS
Walking and hiking trails
- Walking paths in Muszyna
- Muszyna – Góra Zamkowa (Castle Hill) – Koziejówka – Muszyna (length of 3 km, time: 1.5 hours).
- Muszyna – Reserve Obrożyska (length of 4 km, time: 2-2.5 hours).
- Walking paths in Żegiestów
- Walk in Spa Park (length of 3 km, time: 45 minutes – 1 hour).
- Żegiestów Zdrój – Łopata Polska (length of 6 km, time: 1.30 hours).
- Hiking trails
- Muszyna – Złockie (the green trail).
- Muszyna – Pusta Wielka, Bacówka over Wierchomla (the yellow trail to Jaworzynka, then the blue one).
- Muszyna – Wojkowa – Muszynka (the yellow trail).
- Muszyna – Dubne (the yellow trail) – Zimne – Kraczonik – Leluchów (the blue trail).
- Żegiestów Wieś – Pusta Wielka (the Black, yellow or blue trail).
- Powroźnik – Szalone – Góra Parkowa – Krynica (the blue trail).
- Powroźnik – Dubne – Leluchów (the blue trail).
Muszyna offers visitors a rich and diverse accommodation base. You can stay in sanatoriums, guest houses, holiday houses and numerous private houses and agritourist farms.
|Municipal Office in Muszyna
ul. Rynek 31, 33-370 Muszyna
tel.: +48 18 471 40 09
fax: +48 18 477 79 21
ul. Krzywa 1
tel. 18 534 91 61
fax. 18 534 91 60